Attractions in Kyoto
Kyoto, the ancient capital of Japan – with its 2,000 religious places, 1,600 Buddhist temples and 400 Shinto shrines, as well as palaces, gardens and architecture – is one of the most historical cities in Japan.
Our concierge team has a wide knowledge of Kyoto as they are locals. We are happy to arrange any transportation for private tours or recommend a package tour to suit all types of travelers. Be it the most famous sites or off the beaten track, allow us to take the stress out of your travel and fulfill your Kyoto experience.
Local attractions within short distance from the hotel are:
- Sanjusangendo Temple – is a temple located next to the hotel in the Higashiyama district. The temple contains one thousand life-size statues of the Thousand Armed Kannon which stand on both the right and left sides of the main statue in 10 rows and 50 columns.
- Chishakuin Temple - This temple belongs to the Chisan Shingon sect and offers a morning ceremony where one can experience a unique Buddhist practice in the tranquility of Higashiyama. It starts at first light so is perfect for early risers.
- Kyoto National Museum - The collections of the Kyoto National Museum focus on pre-modern Japanese and Asian art. The main exhibition museum is currently undergoing renovation and will reopen in 2013. However the separate wing is open for special exhibitions throughout the year.
- Tofukuji Temple -is one of the so-called Kyoto Gozan or "five great Zen temples of Kyoto". The grounds contain 24 sub-temples and gardens and its main gate is the oldest sanmon in Japan.
- Sennyuji Temple is a Buddhist temple that was a mortuary temple for aristocrats and the imperial house.
- Kiyomizudera Temple – is part of the historic monuments of ancient Kyoto UNESCO World Heritage the main hall has a large veranda, which juts out over the hillside and offers impressive views of the city.
- Gion entertainment district - Gion is a friendly, lively district that preserves tradition as well as incorporating new trends and fashions. This area combines both traditional and modern entertainment. Restaurants, bars of all types can found as well as the famous Kaburencho Theatre where Gion Corner can be experienced. It also contains the primary Kabuki theatre: The MInamiza Theatre.
For further information regarding any tour inquiries and reservations please contact our concierge team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a Reservation